Hi Sherlock. See the comments below:
1. When is the last time you visited a friend? Why did you see him/her? (drop by)
I dropped by and had a social visit when my friend invited me to his party.
++ I dropped by <place>
2. Tell me about one of your previous teacher’s in school (former)
Ms Liu is my former Chinese teacher.
3. Is there someone much better than you at an activity? (no match for)
I am no match for my friend in playing basketball.
4. Do you know any extremely talented people when they were young? (prodigy)
Mozart was a prodigy. He gived concert when he was young.
++ gived <– we don’t have this word.
5. What is one fee that you would like to not have to pay? (waive)
I waived to pay when the fee is under 1 yuan.
++ Pattern is: waive + fee.
6. Give me an example of something that would be “icing on the cake”
The icing on the cake after I got high grade was my mother bought me a phone.
++ Use this pattern: <something> was the icing on the cake.
7. I would like to enroll a basketball class some day.
++ Pattern is: enroll + in <something>
8. The virus become worse in the US is sure to make headlines.
++ Pattern is: <something> is sure to make headlines. Check your noun phrase.